Antique Native American Moccasins Stolen in Jackson Hole, WY, November, 2007
We had a theft in November, 2007. The loss was seven pairs of antique moccasins. The moccasins were in display cases hanging from a stone fireplace in a restaurant at the Jackson Hole Mountain Resort.The moccasins were identified (from a photograph) by a local dealer in antiques.
The stolen moccasins were identified as follows (left to right):
- Arapahoe child’s moccasins, circa 1895-1900
- Sioux, fully beaded moccasins, circa 1885
- Blackfoot moccasins, circa 1885
- Sioux moccasins, circa 1885
- Sioux children’s moccasins, circa 188
- Cheyenne, partially beaded moccasin
- Sioux, with buffalo tracks, fully beaded moccasins.
I am a detective with the Teton County Sheriff’s Office in Jackson Wyoming. Our report number is 0712S-2293. I can be reached at (307)733-4052 or email@example.com . Thank you, Gaylen Merrell, Detective, Teton County Sheriff’s Office, Jackson, WY.